The awards are open to the following academic populations:
- doctoral students of eligible fields studying at accredited universities inside or outside of their home country
- full-time faculty members teaching at universities in their home country
Candidates must be citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Haiti, Kosovo, Laos, Libya, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar/Burma, Nepal, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Serbia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or Yemen.
- Project duration: between two and nine months
- Eligible dates: September 1, 2017–August 31, 2018
- Maximum funding requests: $10,000 for doctoral students; $15,000 for faculty members
For the details on how to apply click here.